c1815; facade woodwork c1850
Physical Address: "Set back on Leerlooiers Square, forming the opposite focus of an east-west axis with the Arsenal (Kruithuis)."  Erf: Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in /usr/www/users/stellecs/wp-content/plugins/advanced-custom-fields/includes/api/api-template.php on line 179 "The land was part of the farm Oude Molen, occupied by Barend van den Brink from about 1693 and granted to his widow Jannetje van Heyningen in 1701. In 1783 Mauritz Herman Otto Wocke (later Landdrost of Graaff-Reinet) sold part of the farm to Cornelis Michel Smuts, who in 1787 sold the land with buildings on it to to Paulus Johannes Fick. In 1803 while in the possession of Jacob Frederick Binder, who used it as a tannery, the buildings burnt down. The present house, which incorporates the walls of ""De Oude Basthuis"" on the site, was built soon afterwards by Adriaan Roux (later owner of Grosvenor House). The house was owned by the van der Bijl family from 1848. (Fransen & Cook)"  Applicable Legislation
Architectural Period:   Date built: C06700220001319000000  Older than 60 years: no PREV. NATIONAL MONUMENT:
Style:   Type of building:  

Date of photograph(s):

Zoning:   Use:  
Heritage Values
Rarity: Unassessed  Historical: Unassessed 
Aesthetical: Unassessed  Technological: Unassessed 
Cultural: Unassessed  Social History: Unassessed 
Slave History: Unassessed  Present NHRA protection:  
Heritage Analysis
SITE & STRUCTURE DESCRIPTION: 13190  
History:  
Social History:  
Alterations: 37 Market St 
General Evaluation:  
Suggested Grading: 1800- 1824  
Date of Survey:  
Survey: 2012 - Middedorp/Historical Core Heritage Survey | Date of Survey: